Monday, July 26, 2010

Surprise Selection in the Vale of Glamorgan.

I'm being told that the Conservatives in the Vale of Glamorgan have selected Angela Jones-Evans to contest the seat in the General Election to the National Assembly for Wales. Angela is a great politician, who I feel sure will win the seat, and make a great contribution to Welsh politics on behalf of the Conservative Party over the next few years. I plan to help her when I can - if she wants me that is! But I must admit that I'm a bit surprised. To win she had to defeat David Melding, who has been such a fantastic tribune and 'thinker' for the Conservatives in the National Assembly over the last 11 years. I admire David on many levels.

Tonight's result makes the selection of the slate of candidates on the South Wales Central 'regional list' very interesting indeed. Observers, such as me, are wondering whether both Andrew Davies and David Melding will fight it out for the top spot - or whether a new name will emerge. Montgomeryshire is choosing its Assembly Candidate on Thursday. There are so many surprise selections happening at present (surprising to me anyway) that anything could happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a shocker!

I thought that top of the region lists would have to be a woman now - so cannot be either of the two you mention Glynn