Friday, May 15, 2009

New Life.

Since I returned from Fuerteventura last Saturday, I've been feeling very down about my political activities. Monmouth MP, David Davies has been feeling much the same. Have been busying myself with the various other activities I'm involved in - which I suppose do have some electoral spin-off. Even though we are in the midst of an election campaign, and I've been out of things for over two years, I simply have not been able to face knocking on people's doors. I just do not think the people of Montgomeryshire would want a politician on their doorsteps. But today the green shoots of enthusiasm are rushing upwards. There are three reasons for this.

Firstly, I have this week received financial support from three individuals who agreed to contribute to my 'Election Campaign Fund'. This is not something that has happened in Montgomeryshire before. It puts a responsibility on me to really commit myself to the cause. Secondly, I was walking around Newtown this morning, and three people I did not know approached me and wished my good luck in my ambitions to become an MP. And tonight No 3 son and his spouse, announced that we are to be a Taid for a second time. This will be the subject of a separate post over the weekend. I have reached my keyboard after several glasses of celebratory champagne. The clouds of gloom are lifting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Davies - that's the MP who spent £17,000 of taxpayers money via the Communications Allowence, right? Almost puts your MP to shame doesn't it Glyn.

Glyn Davies said...

Ano - While I'm deeeply critical of the CA, I have never criticised antone for using it. It is entirely proper and most MPs do use it.