Sunday, September 21, 2008

Off to the sun.

Not sure how much blogging there will be over the next week. I'm just heading off to Spain for a break - some sun, some golf, some reading and some Sancerre. Just my luck to have arranged to go looking for the sun on the very weekend that its came to us. Anyway, No 1 son, Edward has given me one of his spare laptops and something called a Wi-Fi cable and some instructions. I'm not at all confident that its going to work - but the intention is there. If you hear nothing for a week, you'll know that I've failed to master the technology. Enjoy the psuedo cries of 'We Love Gordon' that will be echoing in the skies above Manchester. I'm expecting to hear them from Spain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good trip - just avoid a Nick-Bourne-hotel-incident. First night in a hotel I tend to sleep with a light on - not because I'm frightened of the dark, but if I decide to visit the bathroom I might do what I do at home and patter about in the dark with a mental picture of doors and walls and BAM! There's a well-known Vegas singer who did that, walked into the edge of a hotel door, wall, or whatever and knocked himself out cold. A good worry is always the way to start a stress-pigeon-free break, ask Victor Meldrew ... or Nick Bourne for that matter.

Anonymous said...

While in Spain you can avoid this: "Labour campaigner's 'finger bitten off by dog' as he pushed leaflet through letterbox" ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1059543/Labour-campaigners-finger-bitten-dog-pushed-leaflet-letterbox.html

I couldn't get past the headline ... did a Christmas a student postman covering a huge council estate in Caerphilly - the dogs could be vicious - they lie in wait for the postman to put his fingers through the letterbox - I learnt how to use my palm to thump them through - some of the draughts proof letter boxes were even more snappy!

I guess for politicians and their helpers snappy letterboxes, pigeons flying overhead, babies, talkative folks, and the odd dog wanting to use one's leg as a tree trunk to 'splash on' - all part of the 'great game'.

Glyn Davies said...

anon - Thank you for the advice. Dogs are a real threat to anyone delivering leaflets. We print ours on card whenever we can so that they can be pushed through without inserting the fingers at all. This is no joking matter.

Anonymous said...

only gordon loves gordon