Friday, March 02, 2007

Milgi - a Good Restaurant.

Always on the lookout for a new restaurant in the Cardiff area - especially away from the Bay. Went to Milgi this week, out on City Road, behind the University. There is a real 'buzz' about the place and I'll be recommending it. Though I do have to admit its a bit 'young' for me. The main course was top quality. Milgi hasn't been open long and its run by two young women from Aberystwyth, who have brought some of the 'Welsh' ambiance of the Harbourmaster at Aberaeron with them to Cardiff. I recommend that my visitors give it a go.

Unusually, the local taxi driver who took us to Milgi was interested in politics - and seemed to have Conservative leanings. Didn't tell him who I was, but did ask how he thought the Tories were doing. "Doing well", he said "but I'd never vote for that Cameron fella because he wants to bring back hunting". I just slunk off like a wounded fox. Good job Milgi was so good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glyn Don't you realise that the workers expect nay even demand that you exist on pie and chips from Chippie Alley while you waste their money in Cardiff.

Blamerbell said...

"Unusually, the local taxi driver who took us to Milgi was interested in politics - and seemed to have Conservative leanings. Didn't tell him who I was"

You mean he didn't recognise you? What hope for Nick Bourne:)

You're right though. Milgi is a great place. Try the Raspberry Collins.

Glyn Davies said...

I gave up pie and chips when all this obesity stuff started hitting the headlines. And I stopped going to Chippie Alley when I became too slow to escape from trouble. Anyway, monkfish and salad plus tap water isn't that expensive.

I will try the Raspberry Collins next week. Perhaps I will get the best tables if this blog gets a reputation as a restaurant critic!

Anonymous said...

The only reason you are not recognised is cos folk think its Gareth Jenkins