Sunday, March 11, 2007

King of the Political Gaffes

Heard this morning that Boris Johnson has fought off strong challenges from Lembit Opik and John Presscott for 5 Live's title of most gaffe prone MP. I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Lembit. He doesn't even win when he deserves to. And blow me if he didn't make another serious gaffe on the Politics Show today - at least it would have been a serious gaffe if I'd said it.

Adrian Masters was poking into Lembit's private/public life again, when our man said "My relationship with Gabriela is nothing like as important as the relationship between the Liberal Democrats and the environment". One can only hope that Gabriela's mother didn't hear that. I can see what he meant - but I'd tread a bit careful next time he meets her.

Mind you, I can talk when it comes to 'gaffes'. Last week I referred to Her Majesty the Queen as a prostitute on my Welsh Language blog. I was posting about Rhodri being late to meet Her Majesty. The Welsh word for late is 'hwyr' - while the Welsh word for prostitute is 'hwr'. The Welsh word for embarrassment is 'embaras'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks as if the ridiculous opik might take you and mick bates down with him - so says the western mail. the mans a walking disaster area

Anonymous said...

now I see Blamerbell describing you as "effervescent" Glyn I feel sure that actually you're pretty indestructable. If we Tories actually do so well that you're knocked off the list there's a long career ahead for you as a highly entertaining blogger and political journalist - the Welsh Nick Robinson?

Glyn Davies said...

It looks as if the Monygomeryshire Liberal Democrat Association has turned against him now. Can it get any worse?

Anonymous said...

It could . He could decide to issue a cd with the cheeky girl.

Marcusian said...

Ah poor lembit...

It could worse though, he could be a tory or a nat!

I jest...