Sunday, October 22, 2006

Anyone for Brest

Just arrived at the Hilton Hotel in Belfast for a meeting of the British Irish Inter-Parliamentary Body. Had a lousy journey. Got to Birmingham International Airport early but the queue for security so long it stretched out all around the entire concourse. When I finally reached the Alton Towers type arrangement in the security hall I heard some Irish fellow shouting out "anyone for breast". Well, we all get to feel a bit like that sometimes - but it takes the brass neck of an Irishman to walk around an airport shouting out loud for it. Turned out he was doing a last call for the French town of Brest.
Then there was the demand that I took off my belt to go through the X-Ray unit. Good job Brynle wasn't with me or the public might have been treated to the sight of his entire fusilage. Anyway, finally made it and am now going to the 'Waterfront' for official welcoming dinner. I just can't get away from the programme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brest is in Brittany - Glyn

Wales has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Breton Government.

Perhaps a seat on the National Assembly's European and External Affairs Committee is long overdue for you. After all Mike G and IWJ already sit there.

Glyn Davies said...

And Brittany is part of France!!
I would like to be a member of the European Committee - if you can fix it. That could be why I bring the Commission into the Environment, Planning and Countryside committee at every opportunity.